In this episode, we’ll hear from Dr. Dori Gatter, a psychotherapist and business consultant, who left her agency job to start her own private practice 25 years ago. She now charges over $300 for individuals and over $400 for couples. Dori will talk about how she started making changes incrementally and then ultimately, blew it out of the water. She’ll also dive into how her premium fees have allowed her to really give back to the people she’s passionate about serving because she now has the resources to do it.
Dori was a single woman when she started out on her journey and having grown up in poverty, the odds were stacked against her. However, she built the practice and business she has today by putting in the hard work required – the hard internal & mental work it takes to really challenge yourself and play big.
Listen to the episode:
In this episode, Dori will share:
- How she had to get incredibly uncomfortable to be able to make these changes;
- How she left her agency job to start her own private practice;
- What it’s been like working her way up from $80/session;
- What she’s used to break the limitations of her money mindset and past narratives;
- How a mistake led her to charge over $400 for a session;
- The importance of having mentors to be able to see what’s possible;
- And the feelings she experienced when she started to grow beyond her mentors.
This is hidden
More about Dori
Dr. Dori Gatter is a Psychotherapist, Relationship Expert, Business Relationship Coach, Speaker and Founder Coach for over 25 years.
She has been featured as an expert on Bravo, Forbes, Huffington Post, NBC, CBS, Fox, Cosmopolitan and many more. Dori is an official member of the Forbes Coaches Council.
Find out more about Dori here.