In this episode, we’re speaking with Derrick Hoard, LMFT, is a therapist based in Seattle Washington. This episode will blow your mind.
In this episode, we’ll hear about Derrick’s journey going leaving a group practice setting and creating their own premium fee practice where they charge up to $350/session and having a paid online community space that provides peer support and connection.
Derrick will talk about how he moved from a model where the group practice did his marketing to taking responsibility for his own marketing efforts – which resulted in viral Tik Tok stardom.
Listen to the episode:
In this episode, Derrick will share:
- 3 signs that led him to realize he needed to leave group practice and go out on his own;
- How resentment led them to recognize they needed to raise their fees – which resulted in BETTER clinical outcomes;
- His message to people who demand that he should be “giving back” as a Queer, Black therapist, even at the expense of his own wellbeing;
- Why being yourself, fully embracing who you are, is the keep to your premium fee private practice;
- 3 strategies you can implement right now to start charging premium fees in your own practice
This is hidden
More about Derrick
Derrick Hoard, LMFT is a licensed marriage and family therapist and advocate for survivors of and people still intertwined in abusive situations. They are neurodiverse and loves videogames. Derrick hopes to to work themselves out of a job by providing content that validates people experiences and lets them know that there is nothing wrong with, they are doing the best they can, and when the learn to love themselves they will do so much better.
Learn more: https://thesituationaltherapist.com/