In this episode, we’ll hear from Atlanta based therapist Marquita Johnson who, after 10 years in private practice, got off insurance panels and raised her fees. I was so curious to speak with her and find out what changed and how she made this transition.
So often I hear from listeners one (or several) of a million different excuses as to why they’re not able to implement these changes in their practice. This episode with Marquita, a single mother to her son, was a breath of fresh air. I want to break through the excuses of why some people believe these changes are easier for others.
These changes are hard for EVERYONE. Because it’s hard work to challenge our money mindset, build generational wealth, and change our money narrative. BUT it’s possible. In this episode, we’ll deep dive into Marquita’s story – her money narratives, her SES, her life as a single mom, her fears – and how despite all these factors, she was able to implement something different that has had a phenomenal impact on her practice.
Listen to the episode
In this episode, Marquita will share:
- 3 steps she took to get off insurance panels and raise her fees;
- How she knew it was time to make a change in her practice;
- How she embraced her worth and raised her fees accordingly;
- The ways she challenges the money narratives she was taught growing up in a blue-collar home;
- How the changes she’s implemented have impacted her son and her life as a single mother;
- The impact these changes have had on her clinical work;
- And how she turned her whole practice around in just 4 months.
Tax season is quickly approaching! Go to Wellnessfi.com/heytiffany to sign up today for your free consultation. **If you continue working with them, they’ll even do 6-months worth of bookkeeping catchup for free**
More about Marquita
Marquita Johnson is a graduate of Mercer University with a Master of Science in Community Counseling and Master of Divinity. Marquita received her undergraduate degree from Georgia State University in Psychology & Sociology. Currently, Marquita is pursuing a doctoral degree in Counselor Education and Supervision at Walden University.
She is a licensed professional counselor, nationally certified counselor, board certified tele-mental counselor, certified counselor supervisor, and speaker. Her private practice is located in Atlanta, Georgia.
You can find out more about MC3: Millennial Counseling, Coaching, and Consulting here.