In this episode, we get to hear from New York based therapist Jelisha Gatling who went from barely making $500/month in private practice to having her first 6k month in less than a year – and that’s WITH taking a week and a half off that month for the holidays.
Jelisha will talk about why she left her group practice, despite fears of totally failing and how she went from anxiously charging $80/session to confidently charging $165 for individuals and $210 for couples.
Listen to the episode
In this episode, Jelisha will share:
- 3 signs she knew it was time to leave group practice
- How she opened a solo practice despite all her fears about utter failure
- 3 signs she knew it was time to raise her fees
- How her fears about charging more than seasoned supervisors held her back
- Exactly how she handles intake calls now, without fear, despite raising her fee significantly
- What she was surprised to learn about herself by challenging her limiting mindset beliefs
- 3 actionable strategies YOU can use to leave group practice or confidently charge premium prices
This is hidden
More about Jelisha
Jelisha Gatling is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist in New York City who works with couples helping them to unpack the baggage that gets in between them. With a creative arts background, Jelisha weaves her creativity & humor into her therapeutic work, which is illustrated through her biweekly Vlog, “Thirsty Thursdays with a Therapist” where she gives tips and tools to quench the thirst in your relationships.