In today’s episode we are talking to Dr. Yelena “Elaine” Blank, a clinical psychologist in the San Francisco Bay Area. Elaine is a queer immigrant who is paving the way for others like her. A while ago, Elaine stumbled upon our fun with fees calculator and was given a fee of $249 per session. Her first thought was “NO WAY!” “Who would pay ME that much?” BUT she bossed up, broke through those glass ceilings and now she’s actually charging a $250/session fee.
In this episode, Elaine takes us on her journey of developing a premium fee practice as a queer immigrant. She will talk about her life – her country of origin, her upbringing, how she broke through the narratives she had heard her entire life and how you can do it also!
Listen to the episode:
In this episode, Elaine will share:
- How she went from a scarcity mindset to charging premium fees;
- Her story about her country of origin and how those stories followed her into the United States;
- How being a queer female immigrant has impacted her private practice and money mindset;
- How she overcame the narrative that the men in the home are the primary breadwinners and established herself as the head of her family;
- Three tips that you can use to go from a scarcity money mindset to charging $250/session.
This is hidden
More about Elaine
Dr. Yelena “Elaine” Blank, a clinical psychologist in the San Francisco Bay Area uses evidence-based practices combined with a warm, non-judgmental, and collaborative approach to help clients with sleep difficulties, trauma and PTSD, depression, and anxiety. She is committed to inclusive practice and welcomes clients of all identities, especially those who may feel less welcome or accepted in other settings. She is LGBTQ+ affirming, sex-positive, and knowledgeable in non-traditional relationship structures.